Dell Customer Service From Hell



My daughter’s Dell laptop computer died last week. The computer was her graduation gift. It is less than two years old.

Based on my research I determined that the motherboard burned out due to a faulty NVidia chip. Dell has extended the warranty for some of the models that had this chip. Unfortunately, this does not include my daughter’s computer.

I called Dell support to try to resolve this issue. Instead of technical help, I got a lecture concerning saving planet Earth. Dell needs to focus more on building computers that last more than two years before they take on the task of saving the Earth.

Comments

  1. Buy an Apple next time. I have dealt with them twice, and have had a great experience both times. The most recent time, my laptop was repaired locally at the Apples Store. They said it would be ready in 5 days; it was ready in two. Mac computers cost a little bit more, but you get what you pay for. If memory serves, when I called the 800 number, someone just picket up the phone. No phone menu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice! Dell used to have quality computers. I have noticed that they have been using cheap parts for the past few years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Violence In Chicago

Catfish: The TV Show and Lookism