An Interview with a Real Life Indiana Jones



I had the pleasure today to interview the real life Indian Jones – Richard Reeves. Richard Rives is a famous Christian personality who has conducted various archeological searches for the Ark of the Covenant and Noah’s Ark. Mr. Rives made worldwide news when he claimed to have found the remains of Noah’s Ark in modern day Turkey.

Recently, Mr. Rives has been promoted by the popular conservative on-line news web site, WorldNetDaily.com. Mr. Rives advocates a theology that maintains Christianity has been corrupted by paganism. For example, Mr. Rives believes that Easter and Christmas are pagan holidays that should not be observed by Christians.

While I do not advocate a specific religious point of view on my blog, I do think it is important to understand the religious people that have influence in politics and culture. Mr. Rives and his ideas have definitely been influential concerning the Christian Right and the Republican Party.

Comments

  1. You should have asked him where the word 'Easter' came from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started a thread in The Fedora Chronicles about this interview. I hope I send more traffic your way...

    http://thefedorachronicles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5005&start=0

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sword - I did ask him about Easter. But that part of the video did not make my final edit. Typically, an interview will go for around 20 minutes. Then I edit the interview to allow it to fit within the 10 minute limit allowed by YouTube.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Violence In Chicago

Catfish: The TV Show and Lookism