The My Little Pony Controversy



It seems the popular TV cartoon, My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic, is actually racist, sexist, homophobic and smart-shaming. At least according to Kathleen Richter, who is a feminist author who writes for MS blog.

The unicorn's horn represents an erect penis waiting to dominate and exploit women




My Little Homophobic, Racist, Smart-Shaming Pony


In case you missed out, it’s My Little Pony week on the Ms. blog!
Having been thoroughly indoctrinated as a child to love ponies–and My Little Pony in particular–much of my understandings of femininity and heteronormativity come directly from my childhood interactions with cartoon ponies. (Diary excerpt: “I love wearing heels, it makes me feel like a pony!”) Looking back on TV shows like My Little Pony andPrincess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders–shows in which the powerful female figure was demonized as evil and the main character was always blond and blue-eyed–made me think, “Wow, the old days were so sexist and racist and heteronormative–thank goodness kids shows aren’t like that anymore!”
But alas, I spoke too soon.

 RAMZPAUL!

Comments

  1. I must say, her intelligence is lacking for sure. Anyone who can make a penis out of a horn on a unicorn is a sick person themselves! I don't care what "education" she supposedly has, this is just beyond NUTS! Children are just not allowed to have a fantasy world anymore are they without some idiot adult making something sexual out of everything! I understand the terms :"sex sells" but there is no reason to take something this innocent away from children. Quit turning everything into some sick sexual deal! I advise her to stay away from the produce section as well......one of those cucumbers or bananas might be horny!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Violence In Chicago

Catfish: The TV Show and Lookism