What is it like to be asexual?



BBC story about the "asexual" community. I had no idea that there was just a thing and that they formed a "community".  We now have gay, lesbian, transgender, cis, and asexual orientations.


Twenty-one-year-old Jenni Goodchild does not experience sexual attraction, but in an increasingly sexualised society what is it like to be asexual?


"For me it basically just means that I don't look at people and think 'hmm yeah I'd have sex with you,' that just doesn't happen," says Jenni.


A student in Oxford, Jenni is one of the estimated 1% of people in the UK who identify themselves as asexual. Asexuality is described as an orientation, unlike celibacy which is a choice


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16552173

Jenni with her boyfriend that she does not find sexually attractive.

Here is her YouTube video that explains being asexual:

Comments

  1. A sexual convention - singles bar?!

    Truth be told, I might be asexual. I blame 30 years of marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After about two minutes of Jenni's vid I began to lose the will to live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 minutes! I got to 43 seconds and my eyes started to glaze over.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asexual simply means "lack of sexual attraction." yes, it's a legitimate orientation, it has nothing to do with being a frigid or a prude. Many asexuals can still have sex as sexual attraction does not equate sex or the act of sex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That used to be called celibacy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't watch it. I don't care what it's like to be a fruitcake or a hipster douche or any other niche pervert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liberal silliness. Very self centered nonsense, its all about me me me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looked at Jenni and I felt no sexual attraction at all - and Im not asexual by any means. What can it mean? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought the picture of Jenni with her boyfriend says it all. Poor bastard can't even bring himself to look at the camera. He looks liked he'd like to die from embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Violence In Chicago

Catfish: The TV Show and Lookism