Mom locked up for cheering at child's graduation



When I attended my son's graduation everyone had to go through a metal detector and all bags were searched by security. Many police were on the scene.

When I graduated High School, I don't remember any security. And it was considered common courtesy not to cheer and scream in a disruptive manner.



Shannon Cooper cheered as her daughter walked across the stage to get her diploma from South Florence High School Saturday night, but just minutes later, Shannon was handcuffed and arrested.


"Are ya'll serious? Are ya'll for real? I mean, that's what I'm thinking in my mind. I didn't say anything. I was just like OK, I can't fight the law. I can't argue with the police, but I'm like are you serious? I didn't do any more than the others did. Which I feel like no one should have went to jail," said Shannon.


http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=761693#.T9LALdUV21h

Comments

  1. Yes, the optimal thing for everyone would be to have separate nations, or at least separate universities, but it is still ridiculous to arrest someone for this, even if she did behave disruptively. It seems clear that she wasn't violent or threatening, which is when you normally call the cops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and it only gives them the excuse to howling about racism and 'white privilege'. Perhaps that's the reason they did it.

      Delete
  2. My assumption is that in order to avoid having to argue subjective details over what is "too disruptive" they did what most schools do to cover their asses and used a zero tolerance policy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thus exposed the anti-racist roots of superficially absurd zero tolerance policies.

      Delete
  3. I think this one might be a miss Ramz. Your extended analysis is spot on as usual, but on the face of it this is just a Black parent proud of her daughter who might have expressed herself inappropriately. She is likely to get more sympathy than not, considering their graduation rates and all. Anyway, you're batting close to a thousand, so keep swinging.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Violence In Chicago

Catfish: The TV Show and Lookism