Need Halloween Costume Advice

I was thinking of buying this Halloween costume for my dog Dino. I named him "Dino" based on the Flintstones pet dinosaur who they called Dino. So I thought this costume would not only be cute, it would be appropriate for his name. But now someone told me that this could be considered derogatory and hateful.

And given that I have been classified as one of America's top three evil men, I don't want to be now classified as a speciest. I believe that all species are equal and we all bleed red. (Well, except for Vulcans. But they are not real.)

So I need your help. Is this costume fun? Or Hate?








Comments

  1. I love it, cute, fun and I like that it's only a headpiece. Some dog costumes are so big & bulky that the dogs just look uncomfortable and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mentioned Vulcans, so I must mention Klingons. That costume looks to much like a horny Klingon head, and as you know Klingons are equated with black people. The large horns would signify the stereotypical view that blacks are unable to control their base impulses, especially impulses of a sexual nature. I advise you not to use that costume; it is a vile, despicable and hateful mockery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant Vulcans don't bleed red. They have green blood. I assume Klingons bleed red.

    I always saw the Klingons more as Spartans than Africans. If so, that could symbolize Golden Dawn, And it would be bad to portray Dino as a neo nazi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Richard said...

    This costume is hateful and should not be considered. It plays into the hurtful stereotype that "all dogs are basically dopy and will put up with whatever indignity their owners subject them to".
    The unmistakable and hateful reference to the African male and his ma-dick culture has already been commented upon.



    October 11, 2013 at 12:39 PM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Klingons are best thought of as the professional wrestlers of Space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DINO!!!!!!!!! Dino kicks ass. I'll be sure to have a lot of milk bones for him when he comes to my door trick or treating...no chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Violence In Chicago

Catfish: The TV Show and Lookism