Computer died - Next Vid on Monday, March 23

Yeah, my old ASUS laptop video card died yesterday. I was in the middle of a ranked Hearthstone game when the graphics went funky and the screen looked like something out of a bad 1969 acid trip. This hardware error caused me to lose the game. The death of my laptop "triggered" many hurtful emotions. But then I decided to brave and remember that what does not kill us only makes us stronger.

The good news is this gave me an excuse to get a new computer. But you know what a hassle it is to get a new computer configured just right. So pray for me as I attempt to load my new video editing application, anti-virus software and assorted Japanese pr0n links.

I should have a new video (edited with Pinnacle Studio 18) on Monday.

Comments

  1. Instead of laptop, buy a desktop computer, it is easier maintenance, especially replacing broken components which are easy to come by unlike laptop parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your laptop video card is detachable, you could probably fix it by baking it in the oven for 8 minutes at 385F. Video cards often fail due to loose solder joints, and the heat can melt those back together. I managed to fix 2 out of 3 dead video cards from this simple trick. Just make sure you leave the oven door and a window open after you're done to get rid of any solder fumes.

    http://lifehacker.com/5823227/save-dying-video-cards-with-a-quick-bake-in-the-oven
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvdcq6WbX1g

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Violence In Chicago

Catfish: The TV Show and Lookism